• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB Hub Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZedBias

I have this hub, but I dont have the power supply for it, can any one tell me where I could get one?

As you can see on the spec, its 6v 4amp.

Thanx.

If you were in the US, you could go into any Radio Shack and pick up one for around US$20, but that's not too helpful :D. I bet the UK has it's own type cheap-electronics store tho, just bring it in and see what they have. Remember to match the polarity of the tip to the hub (that weird little crop circle diagram). This sorta thing is pretty common.

My bad. Didnt notice the location before awnsering.
But like Monaco said, you should be able to find one with adjustable voltages and tips at most electronics stores.

The inside of the tip is usually positive, and the hub should have a little picture next to the plug that shows what it is.

Thanks guys!!

I wish I was in America sometimes!!

What is the polarity? I didnt notice any thing on the hub that looked like a crop circle? :confused:

90% of the time "-" is on the out side and "+" is on the inside you may want to try ebay for the PSU worst case is get one with the right volts and solder it on if the connector is wrong

the polarity diagram looks like a half-circle, with a dot in it, joined to a full circle with a short line. Looks like crop circle to me anyway :) It's pretty small, and may not be on there at all- look around near the power plug.

But like AllenSmoker and Stedeman said, the tip is almost always positive. If there's no diagram, don't worry too much about it. Reversing the polarity most likely won't hurt anything.

Depending on how precise a 6 volts it needs, you might be able to run it off the 5 volt line from your computer's PSU.

I have had a look for weird crop circle thingy but I cant find it?? How else can I find out the polarity.?

The center pin is positive. Looked it up on belkin's website in the FAQ for the hub.

Q: What are the specs for the power supply?
A: It should come with a power supply. If the power supply was misplaced or lost you can use any power supply that is 6 Volts DC, 4 Amps and has a polarity of Center-pin-positive.

I got the hub from my friend who didnt want the hub because he lost the power supply! I know the power I needs to be 6v 4amp.
But im not to sure about the polarity??

You could try ringing Belkin Sales in the Uk on 01933 352013, they are usually pretty helpful, they can tell you what the part is and where you can get it from. They may even sell it directly to you (not 100% sure)

Good luck

My last post awnsered the polarity question, the quote was directly from belkins FAQ for that particular usb hub. The center is positive and the outside ring is the negative.

If it really needs 4 amps like the linked page says, good luck. Most generic power supplys are 1 amp or less.

Let me give Belkin a call, if they can deal direct then cool, but if not ill be back!

Back