• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TNT

Registered
First i'd like to say this is a very good forum, ive been reading it for about a month now. I have a question about the water cooling stuff as in best location of the pump and radiator. i got a danger den water block for my cpu and video card i got a hydor L-20 and a Black Ice Micro 80mm PC radiator, the case is a X-pider. Right now i got a cheap water cooler setup that keeps the cpu (2400+ @2375mhz) running at 35c underload. I was goin to see if i can mount the radiator by the exhaust fan area in the back and the pump towards the front or does it matter where it goes? I havent got the pump or radiator in yet im still waiting on the shipment to arrive. Could use some help on the flow order as well but really need the help on where the locations will fit the best. Sorry i dont have any pics at this time.

I've seen a lot of people put the rad down low in the front. It's pretty important to feed it cool air rather that heated air from your case. Even with the minimal increase in internal case temp from the rad exhaust it is worth it.

As far as mounting the pump, I put both my Eheims on the bottom of the case with velcro. Just make sure your pump is intended to run inline, and not submerged before you do this. Otherwise, it might not get sufficient cooling.

My order is:

pump->rad->CPU->NB/GPU (nforce2 igp)->res->pump

most important is hitting the CPU with the coolest water in the circuit (right after the rad).

Back