• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Cameras

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeForceG

Registered
Hey!
I'm looking for a cheap and good digital camera. My budget is $60 MAX and thats streching it.
Whats a good web site to order from, and what do you recommand?

GeForceG said:
Hey!
I'm looking for a cheap and good digital camera. My budget is $60 MAX and thats streching it.
Whats a good web site to order from, and what do you recommand?

Cheap and good don't fit in the same sentence, in reference to digicams. Sorry. =\

$150 is enough for a halfway-decent camera, let alone a GOOD camera. $100 is enough for a low-end 1.3MP camera. $40 is just enough for a low end 640 x 480 (0.3MP) camera.

No matter what kind of camera you get, you're going to end up with a plastic lens, low (relatively) resolution, and the chances of finding one with an LCD viewfinder are slim.

I suggest you look on Amazon.com. Find a camera you like that they have listed for a price between $50 and $120. Then go to Nextag.com and find the models you like for a much cheaper price. Then you can have a list of very low priced cameras to compare by notes on features.

For the price you're going to pay, don't expect an LCD. Don't expect much other than 1.3MP resolution. Chances are if you have $60 MAX, you won't get anything but a 640 x 480 camera. And if that's the case, if you can't find anything better for $60, I have an old 640 x 480 camera I'll sell you for $20.

Back