• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wiring assistance needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diggingforgold

I'm planning on adding a LED switch to my fan in my lan pc. But I can't get the led inside the switch to work.

When on, the switch is supposed to light up. When off, it turns off the fan by breaking the positive connection, and turns off the led as well. Simple.

I currently have the positive wire running through the switch and to the PSU, and negative wired straight to the PSU power. There are 3 terminals. Power (from PSU), Load (to fan), and Ground. The fan is 12V so it runs just fine on regular PSU voltage.

I have Power and Load wired correctly. The fan and switch works fine, except I cannot get the LED to work. The only reasonable explanation is that it has something to do with me not grounding the Ground terminal on the switch. Any suggestions as to how I can do this? Do you think this would make the LED in the switch work?

The PSU on my LAN computer only has 2 power connectors. Both are being used. I tore off a fan splitter from a cheap sleeve bearing fan I had, and wired that with my fan/switch wiring. It has no other wires except positive and negative, so it will be hard to ground it through the PSU.

Any suggestions?

PS: I don't think the led is dead, because I have two switches, and they both wont work, so it's got to be what I'm doing.

EDIT:

Never mind. I decided to put the switch in the back instead of the side. So you can't tell it doesnt work anyway.

You can let this thread disappear into nothingness.

Last edited:
Back