• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

laptop reccomendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genjix

can anyone reccomend a laptop that my lawyer wants to buy>?
Obviously it doesnt have to be a super OCer or anything, but something very reliable and generally best bang for the buck.

I've generally been a fan of Compaq, but since their acquisition by HP my experience with their support has been horrendous. Laptops break. Warranty service is important. After my recent experience, I recommend staying as far away from Compaq and HP laptops as you can get.

I hear Dell is good though.

Ok, hes a lawyer? Definately an IBM. He's got to have that lawyer appearance. He can't be seen lugging around a Dell, (dude) :D.

It's like a lawyer driving an SVT focus. Nice car in the US, but it just doesnt work with a lawyer. An LS as least.

But if he wants to be practical, I say stick with a highly mobile Dell. If he's the type that has to drive a nice car to keep his lawyer appearance, tell him to get an IBM ThinkPad.

Last edited:
You need to be more specific in what kind of performance you expect, what other kind of features you want, and how much you are willing to spend.

For cheap but decent laptops I recommend one from the Toshiba Satellite line. The cheapest version is only around $800 USD (I think).

For a high end laptop I recommend one from Toshiba Satellite Pro. But these are more expensive.

For a slim ultra-portable and very quiet laptop, I recommend a Toshiba Protege.

Back