• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many mW does the audigy headphone jack output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

I'm getting some sennhuiser(sp?) HD280 pros and I want to know if the headphone jack really pushes enough wattage to power it at the 120mW @ ~120 ohms that it needs.

TIA

:)

Could you combine the rear and front channels? Surely that would provide enough power...

AFAIK, audigy output to stereo headphone (32-ohm load) on front line-out. Heres is the manual , in .pdf format. if the 32ohm is true, then you are no where close to experience the glory of Sennheiser:D

Kato said:
AFAIK, audigy output to stereo headphone (32-ohm load) on front line-out. Heres is the manual , in .pdf format. if the 32ohm is true, then you are no where close to experience the glory of Sennheiser:D

Yeah, I'm gonna get some grado SR80's probably.

Kato: WOW, that is one nice setup. One question though, are you running the stock tubes with that x-can? Some people have upgraded the tubes in that puppy and they said the sound went from great to orgasmic (can i say that :) ). And, have you had to replace the tubes yet, i guess i should ask how long have you had it first.

man, you must be in headphone heaven :D, and i am jelous ;)
________
Nevada Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited:
Malakai said:
I'm getting some sennhuiser(sp?) HD280 pros and I want to know if the headphone jack really pushes enough wattage to power it at the 120mW @ ~120 ohms that it needs.

TIA

Yeah, the Audigy and Live Drive bays have very weak low powered headphone outs but they still sound very clear!

I'd recommend you get an external equilizer such as a professional Alessis M-eq 230. That quilizer produces good outputs along with a whoppin 60 band hardware equilizer switches.

OC-Master

Re: Re: How many mW does the audigy headphone jack output?

Kato said:
Musical Fidelity X-CANv2, with HD600....:D

I hope you're not listening to mp3's on that beautiful setup. I'm very jealous.

You should use either FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec), Monkeys lossless, or MPC (Muselack, or MPEG plus). MPC is the best lossy codec hands down, all the people at hydrogen audio are using it. At quality 6, it makes ~5mb songs that sound better than a 15mb mp3, and better than an 8 or 9mb ogg file.

Just FYI, Mr. audiophile sir. I'm sure you already know that:)

OC-Master said:

Yeah, the Audigy and Live Drive bays have very weak low powered headphone outs but they still sound very clear!

I'd recommend you get an external equilizer such as a professional Alessis M-eq 230. That quilizer produces good outputs along with a whoppin 60 band hardware equilizer switches.

OC-Master

The Grado SR-80's are only 32ohm, and I have since found out that the audigy out is also 32ohm, so I'll be fine with that. A bunch of people over at general mayhem use sr80's on an audigy, and they all love it.

I can't afford a better setup right now, so 85 shipped for the headphones is perfect.

Back