• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new printer will not print.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

woods

I just got a new printer and the **** thing wont print. It says that all is well and that it is sending the info and all but it gets to a point and then just stops. No error messages, nothing. Could I have turned off a service that was needed for printing. What could it be?
this is the farthest it will get.
print.gif

I noticed that it is a USB printer. My girlfirends printer is USB, and the cable is short, and comes out sometimes. Even with the cable unplugged, the printer status shows that it is printing. Make sure that your USB cable is plugged in, or maybe try a different port. The printer itself may be bad; they are making them pretty crappy these days.

Wait for it.
In the image there, it says "746 KB / 832 KB". The document has not finished spooling yet. In time that should read "832 KB / 832 KB" or just "832 KB".

If it still doesn't work, or stops, select "Print directly to printer" in settings, that will make the application / computer halt everything it's doing, and dedicate all of it's resources to printing, like in the old DOS days..

Update drivers?

I am an idiot. I downloaded the wrong drivers and they were not letting the doc finish spooling. It works fine now that I have the CORRECT drivers:rolleyes: . Thanks guys for your speedy assistance.

Back