• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UT 2004 soon !!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

This is according to Planet Unreal .

http://www.planetunreal.com/#PQN424248

" DJGenerationX mailed Epic's Steven Polge asking about those new UT game rumors, and here's his response:
We'll be announcing what's happening next with Unreal Tournament at E3. Don't worry, any new UT related products shipping in the next 18 months will be compatible with UT2003, and so will serve to extend the life of the platform your mod is built on rather than replacing it. Awesome news. And I followed up with Mr. Polge myself to confirm that this isn't some wacky hoax. DJGen also posted this mail from Mark Rein:
If there were going to be a UT2004 it would be fully backward compatible with 2003 so mod makers wouldn't have to worry about that. But that's all I can say for now :) Please note that this isn't an outright confirmation of a UT2004, they’re just saying that they'll announce plans for the next Unreal Tournament game at E3 (which starts May 14th).

Rumors seem to indicate that this will indeed be UT2004 and that Scion Studios is doing most of the development, but again, those are just crazy rumors. "

So, in other words, Epic wants us all to burn yet another $70 on a game that's basically the same as it's predacessor.

It's not exactly blowing my hood back. I liked UT2k3 'cause it was a bit different. It looked nice, and it played nice. But UT2k4 will pro'lly just be a few more maps, a few more skins, and a few more engine tweaks. Stuff they could put in a patch.

Oni said:
So, in other words, Epic wants us all to burn yet another $70 on a game that's basically the same as it's predacessor.

It's not exactly blowing my hood back. I liked UT2k3 'cause it was a bit different. It looked nice, and it played nice. But UT2k4 will pro'lly just be a few more maps, a few more skins, and a few more engine tweaks. Stuff they could put in a patch.
Well, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until I actually hear the announcement/see the end product. They haven't dissapointed me yet.

Maybe, they won't charge as much for this if it's more like an expansion pack.

mbigna said:

Maybe, they won't charge as much for this if it's more like an expansion pack.

That's the big point, I think... If "UT2004" is based in truth somehow, it sounds more like an expansion pack that an entire new game. And therefore, should price it accordingly.

Mr B said:

That's the big point, I think... If "UT2004" is based in truth somehow, it sounds more like an expansion pack that an entire new game. And therefore, should price it accordingly.

Just some more work for you "B" :eek:

As an expansion, I could see it being something interesting. Not something I'd pay $30 for right away, like EA wants me to do w/ Road to Rome, but something maybe worth it eventually.

Back