• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connecting the L5's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

Could someone either explain or better yet post a link that shows how to perform this process. Thanks

You might want to be careful though, as some people have said this works, and others not. I think it depends on what type of amd you have (in the xp category).

wheatbix said:
You might want to be careful though, as some people have said this works, and others not. I think it depends on what type of amd you have (in the xp category).

I haven't seen one person say that it doesn't work. Not one.

The only thing that I can think of that might give you problems is that some CPU's have a thin protective coating over the bridges. It is a good idea to scrape them a bit, with a pin or something, before you do the bridging.

As cmcquistion mentioned, the scraping can be very important. I scraped mine a bit, but ended up having to remove the paint, and scrape more... Seems the coating was fairly thick on one of my chips.

dropadrop said:
Seems the coating was fairly thick on one of my chips.

It was exactly the same for me too. One chip didnt need it and the other one needed a good scraping before it worked 100%.

Apart from that though I now have two xp1700s recognised as MP cpus :D

Back