• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Got my cpu today and hooked everything up-turned on the power and nothing!!?! The cpu fan and the 80mm fan spinned for about half a second then stopped!! Got the 20 pin power hooked up and the 4 pinwire hooked up. What could it be-something not seated correctly??!!??! Been building these things for quite awhile now. This is my first P4 system I've built though.

First thing to do is start from scratch and try again. Quite often something doesn't seat right.

Do what he says hes smart :). well my guess would be the power from the psu to cpu or hsf isnt connected right...if all else fails...it might even be the psu..what is the watt rating

everything from scratch again as well. But instead of hooking everything up leave IDE connections and any additional PCI card out as well.

OK _I plugged the P/S into another computer and its doing the same thing!!! that's not good 'cause I bought the P/S over 3 months ago-that's $60.00 down the drain-Now I don't have to connect any hardware up(like Hard drives or cdroms) for the computer to start up do I??? All I plugged in was th 20 pin connector..I'm gonna buy a new 1 today and try it: if that ain't it I'll take it back>>

in order to properly post you need a CPU, ram and a vid card. Try just the CPU ram and vid and see what happens, it will not boot with out ram. IDE drives are not required to boot (you can even run a machine for a folding farm wihtout a hdd and network boot it).

Just uninstall everyting, lay everything out on a non-staticy surface, and try just puuting in ram cpu and vid

Well I went to compUSA and picked up a 400w P/S just to check and that's what the problem was..Kinda ticks me off-bought the Other p/s about 3-4 months ago from Directron. and I think they only have a 30day warranty..Oh well it's up and running now and that's all that matters.. Thanks guys

Back