• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different chips

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wyno

I currently have an 1800 tbred. The store where I bought it doesnt carry anything lower than a 2000 now. Can I run an 1800 next to a 2000 without troubles?

I was just wondering. I thought since the tbreds multipliers were unlocked that they might boot up the same speed and be fine. Wasnt sure. Thanks for the info.

Do you have to mod the tbreds for the multiplier? It was my understanding that they were unlocked and you could change it in the bios without modding the chip.

They are multi unlocked up to 12.5X, but I'm saying that they ~may~ not work correctly, together, unless you mod the multiplier, anyway.

That makes sense. I think I am going to just order one from newegg. Thanks for all the help.

i thought the MPs were unlocked so that you could run two different speed chips at the same speed (the mobo would change the multi to match the lower speed chip). So an unlocked XP should work in the same manner. I have not tried this personally, so i cannot garuantee anything, but i am almost positive that is why MPs are factory unlocked
________
Uggs

Last edited:
Back