• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a good overclockable motherboared for a celeron 433 a

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Repa, a good board for that chip would be any of the new Abit slot 1 boards. Sure an older BX-6 rev2 would work, but there is a reason you should buy a newer board. You're going to find that 433 doesn't overclock to well. It's not one of the better Celerons when it comes to overclocking.

Check out the CPU database to get an average OC on this chip. The current market is bottom low, now's a good upgrade time.

Hi repa

As mentioned, that CPU of yours is no wonder-boy when it comes to overclocking. The CPU database has some fake results in it, so I guess we can't use the average OC speed.

I would recommend the Abit BE6-II, as it is one of the very best overclocking boards out there. Perhaps you could get one cheap, check out the classifieds if you want to.

Hope this helps.

not true?

I use to run a 433 at 650, 100 fsb not too shabby retail h/f, it didn't get good reviews back in the days when burning in wasn't widely known. Had it o/c at 83/541with the voltage at 2.05 for a long time and untill it burned in well then boom upto 100 no problem even on an older via appollo pro board no problem.Multiplier on my board didn't allow for 1 fsb jumps and the next available fsb was like 110 or 115 can't remember. Not as flashy as the 300a or 333a but any cel that will go from 66-100 fsb or 100-133 ain't a bad chip. Just takes some anti-tender loving care.(and little cooling)

Look for a used mobo either an Asus or Abit based on the Intel 440BX chipset. I saw you had used a via appolo, I hate that chipset because of it's poor preformance. I have seen some old 440bx boards in the classifieds here for a good price, you may want to check there from time to time also give ebay a shot.

I have a 433. I used a Gorb, huge p4 sink, and even a peltier to try to hit 650. Trust me 650 is IMPOSSIBLE. The most I got was 540 at default voltage, It a good OC for me but it killed my sound card because of the OC to the pci when the fsb is 83. If you want to have fun spend the $33 for a celeron 600 or shell out $50-60 for a nice 800.

Back