• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a mystery?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

esau

so it seems i have 3 proccesors working for me all of the sudden.
hmmm.......thats kind of funny cause i only recall having 2 that have finished WU's at the moment.
Thank you mystery folder, you are doing the right thing.:D

bubba gump said:
Hehe, who knows...sometimes its a glitch on stanford's part...and sometimes it isnt...

FOLD ON!

a very suspicous comment....UNMASK YOURSELF!!!!!

Is it possible to run the 65 and 78 cores (the text only and GUI ones) at different times? I installed them in different folders, but when I run one it will have to download a new core because the one I used last time replaced it. Can this be done or do I just have to used only one of the programs?

mmcshmi11 said:
Is it possible to run the 65 and 78 cores (the text only and GUI ones) at different times? I installed them in different folders, but when I run one it will have to download a new core because the one I used last time replaced it. Can this be done or do I just have to used only one of the programs?

use the "-local" flag, should work.

It works when I use the 65core for the console mode, but when I try and use the winFAH which is core 78 it downloads a workpacket that requires core 65 so it tries to download that core again while I'm in winFAH (core78). Does anybody know how to fix this, the local flags don't work. Unless i'm doing it wrong.....

I would do that, but for some reason on the console version when i have the -advmethods flag in and i try to open the program from that shortcut it will flash up on the screen for a second, but won't open..

mmcshmi11 said:
I would do that, but for some reason on the console version when i have the -advmethods flag in and i try to open the program from that shortcut it will flash up on the screen for a second, but won't open..

make sure it looks like this in the shortcut icons properties:
"c:\somewhere\somewhere" -advmethods

also make sure you are using the FAH3Console. i had a similar problem with the FAH2Console, but it went away when i got the FAH3Console.

THanks esau I finally got it working. sorry that i'm "thread jacking" cjwinnit but i'm new to this and had questions because i was confused on why it wouldn't work. And by the way, this thread wasn't even asking a question, he was just stating that he had a mystery, which i also did because mine wouldn't work. the man who started this thread helped me fix my problem so he doesn't have a problem with me being here...

Cjwinnit said:
No, not at all. I do it a lot as well sorry it wasn't meant to be offensive :)
i once again state that cj is a jerk :p

you might just have deleted that client and used a new one? or reformatted and got a new one? but either way you got a new client so it gave you a new id, which would lead to giving you another cpu in your count.....how long has it been 3?

DManeKid said:
i once again state that cj is a jerk :p

you might just have deleted that client and used a new one? or reformatted and got a new one? but either way you got a new client so it gave you a new id, which would lead to giving you another cpu in your count.....how long has it been 3?

careful...its dangerous to insult a math ninja. you may wake up one night and find a multiplication sign protruding from your chest.:p

interesting theory, but i dont think that is the case. it just turned to 3 this afternoon. i havent reformatted, or installed a new client on my two machines. i just started another box(p2 350) folding but it hasnt even finished a frame yet. i dont think a processor is counted until it turns in a WU(i could be wrong, just a guess), cause i also borged a friends 600MHz machine that hasnt finished a WU yet either. so i have 4 proc's working right now.

who knows though..:confused:

macklin01 said:
I'd worry more about esau using a Lesbegue decomposition on your measure. :p -- Paul

lol.....very true.....:p

(note: small correction, its lebesgue)

D'oh. Slopping typing strikes again. (And where the heck is my copy of Royden anyway?) -- Paul

Back