• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin 3200 . . .

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Unrealistic

Registered
What's the difference between the 256 MB PC 3200 High Perf lvl 2 and the PC 3200 512 MB (2x256MB) lvl 2 Dual Pack?

Besides their different ratings of 2.5 - 4 - 4 and 2-2-2 i can't c any other difference in their specs . .

I'm providng the links below so u'll can get an idea, i'd love to c your response.

The problem is, ExcaliberPC is out of the High Perf lvl 2's and only have the Dual Pack's . . which i'm ready to settle for, they've got the same Modules and Chips, just want some pro advice be4 i hit the buy button . . thnx in advance :)

High Perf
Level 2 Dual Pack

P.S. I'm going to be using these on an nforce2 mobo :)

Naw, i'm buying alot of other items off Excal too, it'll help me save on shipping, + the HIgh perf is alot more expensive on the Mushkin website, $14 excluding shipping . . It there ain't high diff, i'd rather get the Dual Pack, save on shipping nad on base cost :)

Call Mushkin. Ask for advice as to what your doing and they will be kind enough to explain which is better and why.

In example: It is better to run 1x512 stick than 2x256 stick. There are 'other' things a single 512 dimm can do (depending on confiquration/type of modules) that a single 256 dimm cannot.

LoL, the last thing i can do is call them, i reside in the Middle East. Anyway, since i have an nforce2 Mobo, i'm gonna give Duall DDR a shot, so now the question the remains is whether the High perf is really different from the Dual lvl 2 Combo or not?

Read my lips: you'll be sorry.

Pay more and get Corsair XMS Low Latency or generic brand of PC3500.

Back