• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Satellite tv tuner

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fubulg6000

I'm looking for a satellite tv tuner card that will eliminate the need for an outside satellite set box. Anyone know of a card that allows me to insert the smart card directly into the pci card? I dont know if one of these pci cards exist, but i'm looking for something that works along the lines of what i've explained. I know i've read a review of a card like this somewhere, but i can't remember, nor find it, anymore. Anyone know of a card that does this? Or am i stuck with using a satellite box? I dont have a tv tuner in my comp yet, but i will soon.

As far as I know they don't exist.... thier are regular tv tuner cards, but never heard of this. Probably because of they way most satelite networks work, a lot of the systems are propietary.

Good luck in your hunt though.

worst comes to worst, get a UHF remote for your set top box so you can change the channel from anywhere.

WinTV DVB-S, Model 717, PCI, Satellite Digital TV & MPEG Capture

Thats the only one I have come across when tinkering in that area. Digital satellite only, so not sure if it's any use to you.

Back