• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Price On Print Cartridges?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orion25

Folding in memory of my dads, Tim B. & Mike B.
Where is a good place to get printer cartridges. Or should I try the refill route. I have an older HP 842C printer at the moment.

Would I be better served by getting a newer printer that supports photo printing (which I somewhat need). I mean, $40 for cartridges kinda sucks when I can get an entire printer for ~$125 - ~$200.

I've had good luck ordering cartridges from www.all-ink.com They're a good vendor, have good prices, (about $10/cartridge) and they seem to be the same quality as standard Epson cartridges.

For my epson printer, they have a chip resetter that allows me to get about 25% more pages out of my cartridges. This lets me reset the chip that tells the computer the cartridge is out of ink, and makes it print until the cartridge is really dry.

i dont like refill cartridges. they totally rip u off. id really go buy some ink and put it in urself. i think thats better. it doesnt last as long, but hey, its way cheaper.

i dont like refill cartridges. they totally rip u off. id really go buy some ink and put it in urself. i think thats better. it doesnt last as long, but hey, its way cheaper.

ryuen said:

Your just not buying from the right place. There are some excellent deals in cartridges out there.

Excellent site ptwearnhardtfan. I will have to order me some for my Xerox all-in-one.

Saw something neat at a computer show a while back. For ink jet printers, someone invented an unlimited ink system for it. Basically, instead of putting in ink cartridges, you put in fake cartridges, that have tubes running to large bottles of ink. Then when you run low, you simply add more ink to the bottles on the fly.

Sorry, I don't have a link, nor any idea where to find them.. It was a great idea though.

I would highly recommend refill kits though. I refill my Epson and my HP. My Epson with retail cartridges is a PITA. The refill kit for it has thinner ink, and doesn't clog as often.

Back