• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my $0.02

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seal

wt is it with you yanks what about your $0.02? Whats that mean? Never heared that before...

thats my 2 pence.

[Uk] Seal

Last edited:
Haha, ummm.... that wasnt very nice now was it ? Some ppl will be offended.

my two pennys....

It is just our way of saying our opinion. You better watch what you say and how you say it, a Mod might get you for that, or worse an Admin.

Just my 0.02cents

Whats with the word "yank"? Americans dont go around calling everyone in the UK "brit's", they say british or some other name.

got some overly sensitive people here :rolleyes:

yanks is not derogatory at all. at least i don't think so.

Apilot21 said:
Whats with the word "yank"? Americans dont go around calling everyone in the UK "brit's", they say british or some other name.

I dont mind being called a yankee, as i often say

"your damn right i'm a yankee and if you dont like it you can go doodle your dandy"

By the way, the term comes from poker

placing the ante of a game was known as placing "my two bits"

you know how things evolve

oh... i never knew the term yank was offensive... someone pls explain. i apologise if it was...

Sigh.. If an American calls another American a yank they don't get offended but if someone else does it is offensive! It's sorta like dealing with racism here...

Yodums said:
Sigh.. If an American calls another American a yank they don't get offended but if someone else does it is offensive! It's sorta like dealing with racism here...

This is very odd to me :confused: You can call me a yankee as much as you want.

It was the yankees who fought against the british imperialsim
It was the yankees who fought against slavery
It was the yankees who first realized that industrialization was the way to live.

If you want to call me a yankee you go right ahead, i got nothing against it

The word "Yankee" derives from the Dutch diminutive form of (John >> Janke = Jonnie) and was used by and among Dutch immigrants to North America, particularly New England. Thereafter it developted into a U.S. term denoting "northerner".

my 2cents

Cjwinnit said:
Ah, so a Texan would not necessarily be a Yank. Learned something new today..

Texan a yankee LOL...hardly.

A texan is a texan, and if you ask the right texan then texas is it's own nation. ;)

And if I went to Texas, I would not be a yankee, I would be a carpet bagger.

Just my $0.10 (inflation takes its toll, please have exact change).

Back