• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Doa???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

USAPGAPRO

Well I just got my new 1700+ DLT3C 0310 "X" CPU from excaliberpc.com and it was DOA. I tried it in 2 diff. mobo's and it didnt work. I was wondering how many of you have received a DOA Proc.?

RMA it, if it was indeed DOA, but make sure you try to reset the CMOS, and go through all that rigamaroll before you have to give it up to wait a week more for a new one.

edit: I know that when I first got my 1700 I was so excited, I was rushing to get it into my machine, and when I put it into the socket, I didn't make sure it was seated properly, and it wouldn't post. Only after I removed the heatsink and looked at it did I realize that the CPU wasn't even fully in the socket. Make sure it is seated good before you send it back also.

Thanks for the info but, I have tried everything. I have reseated the hs like 8 times and cleared CMOS. I have traded out my entire comp. with another one, and I am totally sure my CPU is DOA. How common is that to happen?

I wouldn't say it was very common. In all the time I have spent building computers (like 3 years) I haven't recieved one CPU DOA, but if I were you I would RMA it as soon as possible, and try to make the company pay for the shipping since they messed up. :p

Back