• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eplayer87

Registered
Okay, here goes.
When I had my SOYO KT-333 Dragon Lite mobo I could get my rig up to 145 fsb with the stock hs. This is with the pc 2100. I got a Soltek mobo and I got a new SK-7 and a 30 cfm fan which gives me about 42 load @ stock. But I can't overclock my cpu any at all. when I try to up the fsb the computer just beeps at me. I have to clear the cmos and try again. raising the voltage on the memory does nothing. What could be wrong?

i think it's the plastic thats covering your fan wires....

..hehe, sorry i dont know how i can help you, but that was kinda funn/dumb :)

Try resetting Bios, (pop battery out and leave out for 45 seconds) sorry if you already knew that, but just wanted to cover everything ;). Also if your mobo still is being obstinate, you can update your own bios, but I've never tried that myself (just read about it in the forums). And if that doesnt' fix it, you can always take a hammer to your mobo and release your frustration before getting another one ;)

Back