• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

just wonderin, ive never done rebates before buying online. im buyin stuff off office max and it has rebates. wen i send the rebate in, wat do i send in as a receipt? can i just print out the email?
*edit*
forgot to say, another thing im woindering about, if im buying multiple itmes or need the receipt more then once, do i make copies or what? the rebate form says original receipt or the pacakged invoice. since there is not original receipt, the packaging invocie im thinking is like the slip that comes in the box they ship out. can i just make copies of that? and last, if i have like 3 rebates to officemax, can i send them in same envelope?

Last edited:
ryuen said:
just wonderin, ive never done rebates before buying online. im buyin stuff off office max and it has rebates. wen i send the rebate in, wat do i send in as a receipt? can i just print out the email?

It usually will say what is required on the rebate form .

But in most case as yours , there will be a receipt in the box with the product you ordered ; and other times the printed out e-mail confirmation is good also .

Make sure you read ALL the small print and requirements BEFORE you send in the rebate forms .
Also VERY important .... MAKE COPIES OF EVERYTHING in case things do go not as planned .

I've done a TON of rebates (about $400-$500) just in the last 3-4 months and so far have received $99% of them back ( the other 1% are on their way) .

Just be careful and smart about the whole thing and you should be fine .

stereo555

ok reading what you said, i actually read the fine print and it seems lik there is conflict. officemax requires the original receipt, and yet the company requires the original receipt. wat should i do? this is for the same product. 2 rebates on 1 product.

I print out the order status summary online and also have OfficeMax mail or e-mail the receipt to me.

Don't mail all the rebates together unless there's a single rebate form for all the products, meaning that everything is meant to be mailed together. If a single product has two rebates on it and they both require original receipts and UPCs, contact the rebate processors, but usually the originals are for the manufacturer's rebate and the copies are for the store's. Keep any advertisements (get them from the newspaper or store, even for online orders) for double rebates so if both rebates require originals, you can prove that the terms of the rebates are impossible.

wat if i have 2 different items that need the original receipt? these are 2 diff companies.

I dont think Office max requires the original receipt. they just need a copy. They always make rebates so damn hard to get. If your rebate paper is this page

http://images.officemax.com/pdf/2003_05/PRebates1.pdf

Then read the part that says "copies of UPCs and receipts are acceptable." It also says "save your original receipt."

If its not then I dont know what to tell you. Another word of advice if you didnt already know. There are a few sites that will help you keep an eye on your rebate status.

WWW.REBATESHQ.COM
WWW.WHERESMYREBATE.COM

Just a heads up, as you will never know what you are getting into with these rebates.

Back