• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Team 32 folding@home newsletter issue #010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

In this issue

- Introduction

- News and Notes

- The Great CPU giveaway weeks 8, 9 and 10 winners!
- A new subteam with a great message
- Gromacs core v1.45 released

- Folding Article: What does –forceasm do and when should I use it? By Gnerma

- Stats

- Folding Interview: RoadWarrior

- Conclusion

If you don't get it for whatever reason please hit the archive. There is a sign up box on that page as well if you'd like to sign up.

You may notice there is no 10000 point milestones this issue. It was just getting too hard to keep up with, sorry :(

Thanks again for the newsletter Gnerma.

You may notice there is no 10000 point milestones this issue. It was just getting too hard to keep up with, sorry

In a way, that's a good thing :D

Thanks guys.

Sterculus said:
very nice gnerma. However, you could use the detailed stats page over at the extremeoverclocking.com stats page for the new members and member milestones. Still a great newsletter though :)
I could but that page does not operate on the newsletter's schedule so it could not tell me which 10k milestones we've had in the last 2 weeks (in this case 3 weeks).

Well thanks to my hard work (a big pat on teh back for me) it seems that now everyone is getting teh newsletter! w00r!

Good job Gnerma! It was quite a suprise to see it in my inbox. I wasn't expecting a newsletter this week!

Axle

nikhsub1 said:
Well thanks to my hard work (a big pat on teh back for me) it seems that now everyone is getting teh newsletter! w00r!

What did the issue end up being?

Shad said:

What did the issue end up being?
Well there seems to be new protocols at the various ISP's regarding spam... So, there is a new protocol to use when using sendmail (at least on my server). It used to be that using just the location to sendmail was fine, like this:
$MAILPROG = '/usr/lib/sendmail'; But now, if you don't include a "from" address like this:
$MAILPROG = '/usr/lib/sendmail -i -t -f [email protected]'; Many ISP's see that as spam and just block it or delete it or whatever. Now that there is a 'from' address, all seems to be good.

Back