• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So Sad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hoytron

It is a sad day for me, my overclocking friends. I have been forced to give up my dual Xeon [email protected] system due to lack of funds. It was the motherboard that did it; $400 for the Iwill DP533. I had such great plans for it too. I'm trying to get over it, and I keep telling myself that I really didn't need that much power anyway. Nevertheless, I would have been nice to see it run just once. I think that now I will wait and buy a lower speed P4 with 800MHz FSB, when they come out. Anybody know when that will be?

Check eBay for some good deals, you might be able to shave off some $$$...also, the Supermicro X5DAL-G is only $364 new, Tyan Tiger i7505 $274 new although it only has 32 bit PCI, and IWill is coming out w/ the DPI533, very similar to the Tyan.

BTW, prices from Googlegear.

Back