• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply question....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ONE

My 500 watt power supply died shortly after overclocking, I purchased this power supply one year ago almost to date.
Do you think it died because of the overclock or just incidental?
I have an antec case with five 80mm fans but my voltages were always good according to Motherboard Monitor...........:rolleyes:

COMP USA SUPPLY...........but I think I just found the problem, one of the fans on the power supply was locked up ....would not turn.
There was also signs of overheating when I cracked open the supply!

Don't know if any makers have a lifetime warranty, but I'm pretty sure a good Sparkle/Fortron would last you a lifetime ;)

I guess a temp sensor for the power supply could have prevented this, or better yet a temperature controlled relay( commonly used in HVAC).....better to shut the system down abruptly than to fry !!!

Yes one of the power supply fans stopped and caused it to overheat...........well Fry!

Back