• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fastest barton ever!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That thing at the bottom of the page is the chip they use to override the maximum 12.5X multiplier which the 2500+ barton posses.

Something is fishy thou,,

Air Cooling : 2638MHz
AthlonXP 2500+ / EP-8RDA / A-DATA PC3200 DDR Winbond / Swiftech MC-462 /
RADEON 9500 128MB / IBM DTLA-307015 / AOpen FSP530-60GN
Vcore2.032v / Temp 8c

OK, 8c with AIR cooling... I dont think so.

OC-Master

Actually it is possible, I've got pics of 11'c with air cooling on a xp2100 at 2.6 gig during the winter in my garage, using a slk-800 and tornado fan. Using the same MOBO I was testing chips out to find what the max OC I could get out of them without doing alot of monkey business with water or extreme cooling. It was on a extremely cold night in which it got down to -20'F. I was pushing 2.15 volts through it as well. That I guess is one of the advantages of living Wisconsin, it gets darn cold at night.:D
2.6 gig xp2100 small.jpg

Sorry about the size I'll try to get a bigger pic up

LOL, that's funny. I thought about doing something similar for
a MAD Folding@Home Farm in the winter, but I don't yet have
a garage.

My barton is running as we speak at 166x13 till my new memory comes so the Barton is not locked at 12.5 or up to 12.5 I do 13.5 easy.

Just shoot said:
Using the same MOBO I was testing chips out to find what the max OC I could get out of them without doing alot of monkey business with water or extreme cooling. It was on a extremely cold night in which it got down to -20'F.
2.6 gig xp2100 small.jpg

i should try that this winter, im from MI lol.....i remember a few weeks ago we got 6" of snow on a monday and it was 70 the next day.

Yeah it's not impossible, I've got around 15C on air just by opening the windows in the winter (it gets pretty cold up here). If I actually put it outside then I'm sure it would be a lot lower.

I use 13.5 x 170 on Barton 2500+ so the multi is not locked.
The board should be able to use all 5 pins/bits of the multiplier...

I think that CPU is a real gem. 0041 batch run, meaning it was the 41st cpu to come out of the silicone wafer (which was the finest "A" wafer)

2nd Fastest Barton in the world! Anybody know what is the relationship between Holicho and Devilman?

Sir Barton said:

i should try that this winter, im from MI lol.....i remember a few weeks ago we got 6" of snow on a monday and it was 70 the next day.
yea i remember that. it was crazy. still is crazy. just last week it was in the low 40 high 30's and tomorrow it's suppose to be high 70's.
one thing about liven in michigan. you can't put you winter cloths away you have to have that extra closet space, for those nights when the jet stream dips down and it's like 40.

I really want to see what the new bartons can do. XP3200

damn all the top positions are in japan, so why cant i oc that good!:D, i gotta find some dry ice, and make a cup-o-noodle block!

Back