• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k5a2 & Tbred B JIUHB = NOT unlocked ? correct me..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dinster

Registered
i'm planning to get on hand a cheap epox 8k5a2 to be used with my tbred 1700 B JIUHB, but after went through all the forums, i found out that i wont be able to access all the multiplier like all nforce2 users is enjoying..

is that true???

Dinster, you would have all multipliers up to 12.5 available. There's really no point in having anything higher than that if you are OCing properly!

The object is to achieve the highest FSB you can, not the highest clock speed of the CPU. High FSB will get you much better overall performance.

can u assure me that all multiplier <12.5 will be available in 8k5a2+ WITHOUT any modification?? yes u're definitelu\y correct when u say higher FSB is better..

would u mind telling me the voltage u apply to ur processor?

The T-Bred A is running at 1.65V, nice and cool at 29C right now. This is my main system for Netsurfing, Photoshop, Office apps, etc.

The T-Bred B is running at 1.8V, and is usually at about 35C idle/39 load. That's the game/music rig.....

how did u get ur tbred B goes to 2200Mhz?? what i mean here is what's the multiplier and FSB combination used?? do u get all the multiplier working without doing any modification on ur mobo??

The 8k5a2 should have all multi. up to 12.5 already unlocked...I had to go back to my 8KHA+ last night and stuck my 1700...updated to the latest BIOS version for this board and my 1700 was unlocked...so if this KT266A chipset board will support the 1700 and 12.5 and below multi. the 8k5a2 should also...just make sure you have the latest BIOS for that board...

are you saying the t-bred b was unlocked in your 8kha+? with no mods to the chip or mobo? that would be awesome, i have a friend with an 8kha+ seems i can't o/c the fsb any on his board, not even 1 or 2 mhz, well i can run it all the way to 166 (highest i've tried) i have put an unlocked pally in there for him, but the unlock botched and only a few multi's are operational. point being, going up just 1 or 2 mghz on the fsb causes the mouse pointer from windows gui to flash through 3d apps, very annoying and unacceptable as he mostly uses his rig for gaming. i can't figure what's causing that, i've bios flashed and everything else. maybe some of the hardware in the comp, he has an old 1-way cable modem wich may be the culprit, i havn't tried without it as running the box without it isn't an option anyway.

i'm doubly interested in this thread, as i'm shopping for a t-bred b for my 8k5a2+, and now maybe one for my buddy's 8kha+ as well. :D

thanx for the info Glock, anything else you can add about the 8kha+/t-bred b would be greatly appreciated.

Dinster. just to add, it's my understanding that the 8k5a2+ does unlock the t-breds.

I had to update to the newest BIOS...and once I did, my 1700 was unlocked...with the older BIOS's...it was still locked...it just has problems running past 183FSB (To high of AGP/PCI Mhz)...but since I am going to be ordering a NF7-S rev 2.0 next week, I am not going to blow the 3rd and 5th bridges on the L3 (Unlocks the 13x and higher)...the NF7 opens all multi.

Back