• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Small PSU needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punctured

Hello all, got a noob question for ya. I'm planning on building a small media box. I'm putting a Shuttle mk35n mb into an Aopen H340D mATX case. Nothing more than a 10GB hdd, of course 512 (maybe just 256) Crucial DDR 2100 mem. And I'm undecided on a video card with TV-out capability that is compatible with the mb. I could benefit on info for a good video card too. :p

I was basically writing this for info on a good PSU though. Since it's a small case, I obviously need a small PSU. Does anybody have any suggestions on a small PSU that is also reliable and preferably quiet. Would 200 watts be enough to push this simple box? :eh?:

Thanks for your advice.

You could try to find the PSU used in the Shuttle line of SFF computers. It's 200W and absolutely tiny! A 1U PSU is also an alternative, but that's about twica the size of the shuttle PSU. (Or actually it's manufactured by Achme or Enhance afaik)

Back