• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone explain multiplier to me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SinsFeelNatural

I know this may have already been posted but I have a xp 2200+ and I have OCed it to 1.97 by just stepping up the FSB but can someone explain how adjusting the vcor and multiplier how it can help. PLease include on how I can calculate how it will help or increase my speeds. My Bios allows me to set both the vcore and multiplier but I dont know how to adjusts these.

The multiplier is just that. It multiplies the FSB. So 13 mulitplier and 100fsb = 1300. 13.5x133= roughly 1800 ( what your cpu's stock speed is). Changing the multiplier is handy, as you raise it because the board cant handle a higher fsb, or lower it to get a higher fsb at the same clock speed. Changing the Vcore adds more power to the cpu so it can run stable at the higher speeds.

fsb x multiplier = CPU speed. ie: 10 x 155fsb = 1550mhz.

only put vcore as high as you need it to be to run the system stably. Don't put it higher than 1.95 volts (risky) unless you have super good cooling or else you will burn that puppy up.

more vcore = higher temperatures, more stability.

higher fsb = much better performance, better memory performance (but make it too fast and you will need to loosen your memory timings).

higher overall CPU speed = better performance

to change these setting hold DEL when your computer is starting up, then navigate the BIOS menus to change what you want!

Back