• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling with a Volcano 6.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

Just wondering. I have a Volcano 6. I think maybe 6+, not sure. Anyways I need some opinions on cooling an xp2200 with this. I have a standard case, and one case fan. Is this good enough, or the fan that will come with it?

Let me see if i got it right. You already own a XP2200+ cooled by V6+ (if so, post temps) or are you going to receive the cpu and wants to know it V6+ is enough for it?
Neither of them is enough, plus you got one case fan only. If you put a 120mm as intake and one or two 80mm as exhaust, both V6/V6+ should be enough 'cause you'll have good airflow inside your case.
I my opinion, you could get any of these:
- Coolermaster X-Dream
- Vantec Aeroflow
- Thermalright AX-7 and a low noise 80mm fan

No I dont have the 2200 yet. I dont have room for a bunch of case fans. I dont even know if my new motherboard will have plugs for multiple ones. I will need a real good fan I guess. Is the AX-7 the one with that upright fan? I mean the one that looks like a rat cage wheel?

The fan I have now is a volcano 6 cu.

you plug the fans into 4 pin molex connectors so the mobo dosent matter. i have a volcano6 and hate it. i have a plai2000+ and i get temps of 45C with case off. buy a new HS

Hmm, what about a volcano 7, or 7+? Would those be good enough to cool it with one case fan? Really dont know where to place the case fan. There isnt any room. Right now its on my powersupply, since there isnt a sucker on the bottom of it. The case isnt big enough with any areas to place it to blow out.

Would one the 7, or 7+ be good enough?

get an 11 plus or a super loud delta.

My 9 is loud enough and does the job, but i have heard the volcano 11+ has a better HS and a quieter fan, but cools better.

I should have got an 11.

I have the Volcano 6cu+ or whatever, the V6 with the copper insert. Its cheese, but I adjusted the positioning of the main fan (which is decent, not enough cfm), and stuck another fanon the opposite end... get temps in the low 40's, high 30's... which is damned good, but that's ****, compared to other more cost effective stuff out there... this sink should be cooling my f'n northbridge... *cynical laugh*

-Frank

Yeah, Im going to just get a Volcano 11. Difference in prices in the higher models is nothing, for having a safe, well cooled CPU.

Back