• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How overclockable is this 2.66Ghz CPU- I need your advices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tutrinh

2.53Ghz SL6S2 Malaysia vs 2.66Ghz SL6S3 Costa Rica. Which is better overclock?

Pentium 4 533FSB 2.66Ghz
SL6S3 Costa Rica 3241C665-0885
How overclockable is this chip???
compare to
SL6S2 Malaysia L249A570-0487 2.53Ghz
I need to make a decision to buy one tommorrow
guys. please help
thanks

Last edited:
Lonely Raven
Please I am new to Intel. I just try to switch from AMD to Intel.
How it compare with P4 2.53Ghz SL6S2 Malaysia L249A570-0487
Which one will be bigger???? What do you think
thanks.
I really appreciate your help

tutrinh said:
Lonely Raven
Please I am new to Intel. I just try to switch from AMD to Intel.
How it compare with P4 2.53Ghz SL6S2 Malaysia L249A570-0487
Which one will be bigger???? What do you think
thanks.
I really appreciate your help

welcome to the intel side of the fence.:D

batboy ran his 2.66 at 3.1ghz plus and it was one of the first c1's last year. the 2.53 has a more favorable multiplier and thus should be more overclocking friendly. recent vintages have been striking 3.4+ghz, and being a less expensive chip it is a better value than the 2.66 especially since it has a very decent overclocking potential. look at the cpu database on the overclocker's homepage to get a more definite answer regarding that particular code.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Last edited:
I had my 2.66 to 160FSB or 3.2 on IT7 at 1.725volts and 166FSB at 1.85 (HOT). It ran very hot like 61-63c. It ran at 1.55 volts at 155 it took alot of power to get it just extra 5-10 FSB.

Switched out for a 2.53 and now I am running closer to 3.5gig at 53C max temp :)

I found there was more head room and it ran cooler with a 2.53.

My 2 cents

Several of the 2.66 CPUs are running at 3.2 gig in the database, but I don't see anything with that specific s-spec. Right now, the C1 stepping 2.4B and 2.53 CPUs are probably overclocking just as well in regard to final top speed. Last fall and early winter, the advantage of the 2.66 was the guaranteed C1 stepping.

look, both, 2.53 and 2.66 he mentioned, are c1 multivid chips.
so the can be crap, but mostly they are capable of good oc.
2.53 could give teh best bang for a buck + higher fsb speeds tho..

I pick SL6S2 Malaysia. Hope this not too bad
now I really need a good HSF

Which Malay did you pick up? Look at the FPO/Batch#. If you have one that begins with an L then your good. If you have one that begins with a Q then you may have difficulty OCing that.

Here is a thread about the SL6S2 chips. You should find all the info you need on this chip here.

wow.
so if that the case, I must be very luck to hand pick the right chip

OMG! OMFG!! You lucky multi-vid chip owners! You don't know how good you have it!!! :mad: :D :mad:

batboy said:
I think the one he picked is the same one that Hipro is hitting 3.8 gig with.

Yeah, but isn't Hipro using a Prommie or a Vapochill? Anyway, tutrinh most people with similar chips you have are hitting 166MHz no problem at default voltage. I got up to 175MHz at default before I had to up the voltage.

wow
as said, I am new to intel. Never used intel since pentium 2
hihihi

Back