• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor 3.0C (800 fsb) OC !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

got this from a UK forum ... one of the new 3.0c chips and what i couldnt believe was that later in teh thread you find out that this is using a Vapochill !!!. With a 3.06 b i'd expect at least 3.7 rock solid with phase change cooling.

" 3ghz 800 FSB P-IV "ok"

Not overly impressed but it's alright.

Best I've managed to 3dmark at so far is 3589mhz. Still playing though. It's 239FSB but ORB shows it as 238.

Bear in mind using a poor clocking 9700 it hit an only average 18,175 on a stock and untweaked OS.

Doesn't like lots of voltage, over 1.7v and it's highly unstable even at speeds lower than that. Tends to hover around 1.67v true.

This is on an IC7 btw.

Seems that probably a nice 2.4c is the better bet, one of our guys already has one to 3.44ghz using 1.63v and air cooled.

My chip is a Malay and I can't find where I worte down the production codes."

for teh full thread see http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?threadid=76271

oops - better change my sig, slight type there

the link to that thread is at the bottom of my post .... read it again and you'll see

Back