• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How fast is your Internet?and what do you have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ec]-[oMaN

well i have a 3mb/640k dsl line between two computers and its super fast
speed1.JPG

There have been alot of threads like this recently. If you are looking for a comparison, you could find them by searching..

I'm on 11Mbits :D College Residence LAN. I see about 350kBytes/s of that down, 100kBytes or so up

Wow that is good dsl DDR.

pacwest.jpg

Dual T3 @ Pacwest telecom. I was bottlenecked by the 100mbit link I had when I did the bandwidth test.

Ec]-[oMaN said:
LoL red1 that is insane,what u pay for that 1000$ a month???

It costs alot more than that. Thats about the price of a T1, and a T3 is something like 28 T1s, and there were two T3s at that place. But its not mine, I was at a friend's place of employment. Its a phone company/isp. They happen to host ALL of Netzero's machines there, dialup and all, as well as lots of other things.

dl = 1306kbps
upload = 311kbps
Earthlink DSL.

Damn red! 2.5MB/s transfer rate? I wish mine was that fast!

nerdlogic said:
dl = 1306kbps
upload = 311kbps
Earthlink DSL.

Damn red! 2.5MB/s transfer rate? I wish mine was that fast!

kilobits ? or kilobytes ? i always get mixed up
embaressed_smile copy.gif
sorry

Last edited:
Advertised 2.0 Mbit cable connection, but I'm moving to an area dominated by rogers cable :(. Normal inet service for rogers is only 1.5 Mbit. This is cogeco:

dslreportstest.jpg

myspeed.JPG

thats my home connection

i have a friend that worked at an isp a few blocks away. I used to go on downloading sprees online every few days. its amazing how fast you can fill a 20gb harddrive with a DS3 + 4 T1's (51 MegaBits) thats roughly 6.5 megabytes per second both ways now those were the days.....

DDR-PIII said:

kilobits ? or kilobytes ? i always get mixed up
embaressed_smile copy.gif
sorry

That's kilobits & the speed is from dslreports.com...it says my download rate is at 159.xxKB/s which is the rate I usually download.

nerdlogic said:

That's kilobits & the speed is from dslreports.com...it says my download rate is at 159.xxKB/s which is the rate I usually download.

oh cool :) thats pretty good :).... if there is ever a day i have to go back to dial-up......

DDR-PIII said:

oh cool :) thats pretty good :).... if there is ever a day i have to go back to dial-up......

Oh god, no! I'm spoiled with DSL. I can't go back to dial-up. I had an ex-friend that was on dial-up and it was a pain browsing the Internet....and to top it all off her ISP was AOL!!! :eek:

nerdlogic said:

Oh god, no! I'm spoiled with DSL. I can't go back to dial-up. I had an ex-friend that was on dial-up and it was a pain browsing the Internet....and to top it all off her ISP was AOL!!! :eek:

They really are that bad heh ?

Dial-up is actually not that bad. I just don't like all that AOL bloat and I like my quick loading times better. With dial-up, the pictures can take a while, depending on how big they are.

681 Kbps down
901 Kbps up

At work and I have no clue what the connection is....yet.

I'll update this when I get home with that connection.

:edit:
My home connection is
2540 Kbps down
246 Kbps up

This is supposedly a 3 Meg connection through Cox@Home

Last edited:
Back