• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2400+ KT400 Unlocked or not, if not how to.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

halo

Registered
New guy here

Looking at the setup below, I am still unable to get above the 138fsb barrier unlocked. At the same time I’m unable to increase the multiplier above 15x as the option is not even shown. At the same time if I reduce the multiplier to anything less than 15x it will not post even if I reduce the fsb below 133. Hardware wise I seem to have everything that is needed, but can't seem to improve the fsb to anywhere near what other guys are doing with lesser hardware...why???

I am willing to unlock my cpu, but dont really know the best way to go about it.

Ive even got a good cpu coding: AJUHB0248XPNW
AXDA2400DKV3C

System temp 26c
CPU temp 44c
:) :)

There could be a whole load of reasons why your stuck at 138.

What are your ram timings? Have you relaxed them?

Is you motherboard equipped with a 1/5 pci divider or 1/4 (im not familiar with it) ? Whats the resulting pci/agp clock at 139Mhz that ends in failure?

Have you lowered your agp to 2x ? at 4x your card might not like the agp speed.

The cpu isnt your limiting factor here so you need to look at all the other items in your rig. Ive had harddrives that didnt like going above 35 mhz on the pci bus or they would take errors.:rolleyes:

You either have to have top notch equipment that can take the strain of overclocked bus speeds or you need to buy a clock locked board like an nForce2 so your other compnents dont take a beating....

I tend to agree with dragonprince...make sure your dividers are set correctly, and make sure that your ram timings are relaxed to something like 7-3-3-2...tell us if this helps.

halo said:
New guy here

Looking at the setup below, I am still unable to get above the 138fsb barrier unlocked. At the same time I’m unable to increase the multiplier above 15x as the option is not even shown. At the same time if I reduce the multiplier to anything less than 15x it will not post even if I reduce the fsb below 133. Hardware wise I seem to have everything that is needed, but can't seem to improve the fsb to anywhere near what other guys are doing with lesser hardware...why???

I am willing to unlock my cpu, but dont really know the best way to go about it.

Ive even got a good cpu coding: AJUHB0248XPNW
AXDA2400DKV3C

System temp 26c
CPU temp 44c
:) :)

I dont think that your mobo is able to unlock this processor. Because this is a kt400 chipset.

I had to unlock my chip with my KT400 Soyo board, so I think that flipflop is probably correct. The chip is factory unlocked like all the t'bred's, but I do not think the board recognizes the 8x bit.

I don't think it does either.

The KT4V has a max divider of 1/5, and that's set automatically once an FSB of 166 is hit (well, at least in in theory, I'm not going to risk HD corruption just to see what 165 gives me). I didn't need to do anything special when going from the default 133 MHz to 188.

I have abit kd7-raid with kt400.

I can use all multipliers - bellow 12.5 and above 13.

So the kt400 can unlock. But it also depends on the mobo.
Some mobo makers don't read all 5 bits of the multi and thats why it looks like "locked".

The mobo changes the lower 4 bits but higher stays the same.
Some boards (like abit kd7) read all 5 bits.

It's like decimal system:

The board reads the cpu specs and sees the cpu is at 11x multiplier.
So you set it to 12 in bios and the board sends only 1 digit to the cpu "2" and it becomes 12x becase the higher is not changed.

Now, when you want to change it to 9x the board again send only "9" and cpu switches to 19x and... no post.

Now, if the board is able to send both digits it would send "09" instead and cpu will switch to 9x and work as suppoused to.

In practice it uses binary system and 5 digits.
This is from the specs showing 4 of the digits. It seems they added the fifth digit later:

FID[3:0] Processor Clock to SYSCLK Frequency Ratio
0000 11
0001 11.5
0010 12
0011 =12. 5 1

0100 5
0101 5. 5
0110 6
0111 6. 5
1000 7
1001 7. 5
1010 8
1011 8. 5
1100 9
1101 9. 5
1110 10
1111 10. 5

So the multi is ( 3 + the number/2 )
So 3 + (1100)/2 = 3 + (110.0) = 3 + 6 = 9.

To get 13:

3 + (10100)/2 =
3 + (1010.0) =
3 + 10 =

Now if the board cannot send the highest bit it stays unchanged.
So again to set 9 and 13:
13:
3 + (?0100)/2 =
3 + (?010.0) =
3 + (2 or 10)=
5 or 13

9:
3 + (?1100)/2 =
3 + (?110.0) =
3 + (6 or 14)=
9 or 17

Ok a few questions.

Is my cpu unlocked then ? If not how do I do it, any web links you can give me ?

What software should I use for looking at things like dividers & stuff ?

Thanks very helping me out here guys. I have been stuck for a couple of monhts now, trying to work out what to do.

it IS UNLOCKED. but the problem is your motherboard. you should check out the motherboard section of the forums, someone there should be able to help you!

Back