• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with DDR 3200 400MHz RAM on my mobo.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomOSX2

Registered
I have a SiS M830 DDR 266 mobo. I just bought a 256 MB DDR 3200 400 MHz stick of RAM. Alot of people have posted that if you buy faster RAM than your mobo can handle that your mobo would underclock your RAM to the highest your mobo can handle automatically. Yet, when I put the new stick in (after I take out my old SDRAM since they can't work together) it doesn't post. I'm pretty sure that there's nothing wrong with my RAM. I've even downloaded Honey X's BIOS based on PC Chips and installed it to see if that would make it work (incase PC Chips put some type of restriction on using faster RAM) and no luck. Has anyone out there with a SiS mobo ever tried this and have it work right? Any tips or idea? Please help me out. Thanks.

what brand....................believe it or not some brands, or namely the memory chips, dont work in certain mobos. I remeber buying some cheap pc2100 one time because it was on sale at best buy, wouldnt work in my mobo, found out it was because it was some high density ram, all the ram was on one side of the dimm with a total of 256MB. had to buy some better ram with chips on both sides

Back