• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp 2 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepsi274

First question?... how do i change my default sounds i.e. startup and shutdown sounds to my own sounds?

2nd question?.... I have xp home and my son has xp pro why cant i network between the 2 comps i have ran the wizard on both computers and it wont work why?

dazed and confused lol
Pepsi274

Pepsi274 said:
First question?... how do i change my default sounds i.e. startup and shutdown sounds to my own sounds?

2nd question?.... I have xp home and my son has xp pro why cant i network between the 2 comps i have ran the wizard on both computers and it wont work why?

dazed and confused lol
Pepsi274

First question:

Click on start and then the control panel Icon. Once in the control panel, click on "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" icon and click on the sounds tab. You can change all your sound events there.

Second question:

How do you have your network setup? (router, hub or nic to nic?)
I guess the cabling setup would be the best place to start troubleshooting.
If you are using a router or hub, then the cable would have to be a straight thru. If you are using a nic to nic the the cable would have to be the crossover type.

Al

i have them running through a router so my son can access the internet ( i have dsl is )

Pepsi274 said:
i have them running through a router so my son can access the internet ( i have dsl is )

I guess i can assume that both machines can connect ok to the internet:D

So... your network problem could be many things. The machines might not be set up to share files or it could even be a workgroup name error.

Not knowing too much about your systems right now, I can suggest that you click on start and then on the "help and Support" icon and try to let that go through your networking setup step by step. Try that and see what happens.

Al

ok ill try that and when i set up the network w/the wizard i will create a network disk and see if that will work

Back