• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DoD v1.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Homer

if u havent switched over to this version yet u best on too! at first had some troubles connecting to servers, but i figured out what happened. the graphics are WAY better than the beta version. u guys just gotta check it out if u havent yet.

which game are you talking about? The only "DOD" I know is the shortcut for Day of Defeat, which is in v3.1 already.

oops said:
which game are you talking about? The only "DOD" I know is the shortcut for Day of Defeat, which is in v3.1 already.

the DoD you were thinkin of was 3.1 beta

this is 1.0 final/retail

much like counterstrike went from 7.2 beta to 1.0retail/final and is now at 1.5 final

Just got it and played a bit. Really good game, just need to port my CS skills into it. Having a hard time with the new recoil.

Ohhh! Thank you! Jeez i was wondering why i had 3.1 and whenever i tried to join it said that people were playing on 1.0 and recommended getting it. I was like, uhh, last time i checked 3.1 is more than 1.0. Wth is goin on? And then this comes along..

Haven't had a chance to play it yet but in the online manual they said you can but whip people with the m1 garand. Is that true? It was just listed under secondary fire for the garand.

DoD 1.0 is awesome. I have a shorter attention span than a donkey with down syndrome and I can play it for a pretty long time. I recommend everyone to try it. The learning curve is a little high, but once you get in, you won't want to quit.

hey this is cool, just been getting my *** kicked on some map or other, but the style of play is a fair bit away from the CS deathmatch, not got to play the DoD_Charlie yet though :(

metra said:
Ohhh! Thank you! Jeez i was wondering why i had 3.1 and whenever i tried to join it said that people were playing on 1.0 and recommended getting it. I was like, uhh, last time i checked 3.1 is more than 1.0. Wth is goin on? And then this comes along..

--same thing happened to me. It took me a bit to figure it out. I was able to connect to a 3.1 server, and I felt pretty good after going 24-5 as a sniper...

oh lol, didn't notice it was beta until now :)

well I liked the German sniper in v1.3, after v1.3 they ruined the German sniper.

DoD 1.0 is great except for a few things. The deathcam thing after you die is extremly nubtacular, seeing as you find out where everyone is. Hlaf the fun was trying to find the sniper that owned your ***. Also the little radar thing that shows the where all the nades are makes them virtually useless. Hopefully in the next patch they will take both of those off. If your running a server PLEASE set mp_fadetoblack to 1. Turns the deathcam off.

Back