• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to get cheap sound deadening material

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vulcan5d

Registered
I'm not sure where to ask this. I know there is sound deadening materials for PC's, but I actually need it for my car :). I got big powerfull speakers in my side doors, and they make parts of the door rattle :(. I need 2 material pads per speaker, one around and one behind the speaker on the inside of the door. Only thing I can find here is by Dynamite and that stuff is expensive. Anyone know of a cheap alternative, or maybe something home-made ;).

go to the hardware store and buy a product called "iceguard". it goes under shingles to protect from moisture. very good for sound deadening. then go over top of that with some paintable undercoating. should be very qiet when done

If you want a good CHEAP sound deadening material, go to your local automotive store and get what is called rubber undercoating spray. I have used this in many system applications and it works great. The only downfall is that it can get messy, make sure that you mask off any part that you do not want cated with this spray it is a pain to clean.

The_Jizzler said:
go to the hardware store and buy a product called "iceguard". it goes under shingles to protect from moisture. very good for sound deadening. then go over top of that with some paintable undercoating. should be very qiet when done

Thats a great idea! Ice shielding would definitily be an economical sound absorbing material......good thinking!

I work in a car audio shop and we order all our sound deadening sheets from partsexpress.com. Its a off-brand product but is great for the price. They also have the Stinger Roadkill spray witch works good for doors and trim panels, its even on sale right now.

Back