• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking a Duron 750MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a c i d.f l y

It can obviously clock over 900MHz as I got it to boot, but the FSB caused an error in my ancient harddrive and I was forced to reinstall windows. I tried the multiplier unlock (pencil-trick) and it wont allow me to use any other multipliers. I was going to switch my board to 133 (instead of 100) so the cpu is using 133x6-7 (800-900MHz). I bridged the L1's, is there anything else I need to bridge for it to let me do this?.. I read somewhere about the L7 bridges, and resetting the CMOS (dunno what good that would do, though).

Chip read:
AMD Duron
D750AUT1B
AKCA 0113 APEW
Z8814960095

Should be simple enough to respond to, maybe? I need to know, because I feel like I'm lacking after my 1900+ fried for no apparent reason...

-Frank

I had a Duron that I could only get from 750 to a max OC at 909Mhz, I was using a V7+ at the time. I used it as a server for our house because we needed one.

I don't think it is a good idea to up voltage because Durons already run HOT, so making it even hotter isn't worth risking the proc unless you getting another one sometime soon.

OCing is like gambling, you are gonna have to take a chance, but you should know when that is all you can get.

...what I've seen the average stepping for this cpu show is around 850-1000. There were a ton of 900mhz. Will it even work @ 133mhz, or am I **** out of luck on that option?

It is running rather cool compared to my XP was... something like 35° is current max temp.

27° case temp like before.

I'm just curious if 133MHz is even feasible with a Duron... I'm not worried about burning this chip, it was $10 and I plan on getting another XP soon anyways. I'm a try 1.85V and 133MHz x7.5 = 997MHz or something... I wish the pencil stuff would work.. it doesn't seem to be letting me change my multi UP OR DOWN... blahh... I've tried two different kinds of pencils.. a #2 mechanical pencil, and a 4H Sandford pencil... would an ebony pencil work? or do I need a #B type pencil?

-Frank

Back