• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing my Barton 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2500+RPM

Hello I am new to this site. Just signed up. I have been reading a few forums, but none give detail about OCing. If someone out there can help me, it would be great.

I have a AMD Barton 2500+

Is there any software i need to overclock it?

Is it just done through the bios??

I have a A7N8X Delux revision 1.7

Read outs from Hmonitor:

CPU temp stays between 40 and 46 C

Core Volt 1.68 - 1.70

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks, RPM

No softeare is needed.

Yes 95% of your overclock will be thru bios.

I can only give you one piece of advice read these forums untill your face turns blue.

What kinda cooling are you using 40- 46c is a little high to be overclocking with want give you much headroom to work with ?

Also what kinda power supple and ram do you have?

I cant begin to tell you what you need to do I could only tell you what I think you should do every system is different and every part of your system will overclock different then the same part in another system.

BTW WELCOME TO OUR FORUM"S

I have a cool master heat sink and fan. My case also has 4 fans (but) Only 1 as an intake. I have not really tried other combos of intake/output. Maybe that would solve my heat issue.

But please give any suggestions on how to overclock my system.

Thanks, RPM

To overclock your cpu, you'll need to increase your FSB or multiplier or increase both at the same time. To reach higher FSB speeds, many ppl lower the multiplier and jack up the FSB as high as possible.

You'll need to give us the specs for your h/w. (PSU amps, brand and CAS rating of your RAM and how you intend to keep your temps down once you start overclocking.

There are so many variables to overclocking that I only gave you the basics. You'll be better off reading the posts and learning from them.

G/L.

Also I checked my bios and it only goes 100, 133, 166

why is that??

please help..Thanks, RPM

It there a setting in your BIOS with options like Optimal/Agressive/Expert/? If there is, you need it set to "Expert" to have all the FSB speeds your mobo supports selectable (usually in 1mhz increments).

Back