• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting Somewhere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver

Senior Citizen (aka old fart)
Well, I think we are starting to get somewhere though I still do not have emmiii working. Downloaded the text based version (read dos) and this does have the name fah3console.exe that emm is looking for. My problem now is that I have the graphical version running and the text version is pulling info for it and giving the following:

Loaded queue successfully.
+ Attempting to get work packet
- Connecting to assignment server
- Could not send request to AS #2
- couldnt send request
+ Couldn't get work instructions.
- Error: Getwork #1 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- couldnt send request
- Error: Getwork #2 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry
- couldnt send request
- Error: Getwork #3 failed, and no other work to do. Waiting before retry

Now do tell me, someone, where to go from here?

Ran it both while connected and while not connected to the internet.:(

That most likely just means the assignment server is down, busy, etc.

As far as using EMIII, I'd completely delete the graphical version, use the text only version in a new directory, and point EMIII to it. I've never had a problem using the console version with EMIII.

just throw the console exe into the folder that the graophical is in and just run the console version. It will start right where the graphical left off. As for EM3 what is the exact problem. sometimes it will say this is not the right kind of file but just ignore that it should still work:D If it is something else just give us the run down and we should be able to help out:D

Do not run both at the same time from the same directory or when they have the same machine ID.

Ok, seems that emiii will not run on the graphical interface or so it is with me. I edited the config file after making a short cut and upon internet connection it downloaded some work. At present it is designing (?) a protein? I shall wait for the conclusion of that and then see if emm starts reading out after a unit or two is complete. For now the goal.

Idle vs. low in priority?

Have both the text and the graphical running under core 78 now however still can not get emm to work. Such is life.

Back