• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bred B multiplier question...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

This is maby a silly question, but I just got an xp1800+ (dlt3c) for my old 8kha+, and I'm wondering what I should do to access higher multis.

I know what bridges I need to change to hardcode a certain multi, but ultimatly I would like to have the choise to select the multiplier depending on what I need. What I'm wondering, is if I change the default multiplier of the processor to 13.5, opening up the rightmost (and middle) L3, would it mean that I can freely change between higher multis after that from bios?

Try changing the multiplier in the BIOS first. It may give you the lower 5.5 ~ 12.5 multipliers with the factory settings.

It is my understanding that it is either the lower or the upper multipliers but not both unless you have a nForce 2 or KT400 board.

I unlocked my XP 2200 'A' (13.0 multiplier) closing the 3rd L3 bridge which gave me the lower multipliers.

Harvey

dropadrop said:
This is maby a silly question, but I just got an xp1800+ (dlt3c) for my old 8kha+, and I'm wondering what I should do to access higher multis.

I know what bridges I need to change to hardcode a certain multi, but ultimatly I would like to have the choise to select the multiplier depending on what I need. What I'm wondering, is if I change the default multiplier of the processor to 13.5, opening up the rightmost (and middle) L3, would it mean that I can freely change between higher multis after that from bios?

All depends on the specific mobo and bios.
http://www.beachlink.com/candjac/index.htm link to Workarounds article...covers the several situations that might emerge.

You might be lucky with a 4 bit mobo and only have to open the bridges you mentioned for 13.5X and then be able to "set 8X Less" = 5X, 6X, 7X in the bios to get 13X, 14X, 15X, watch out for 14.5X as it remaps to 21X. It's all in the article...enjoy.
John C.

I have a 1700 B on this 8KHA+...it has all multi. up to 12.5...to get 13x and higher...you will have to blow or cut the 3rd and 5th bridge on the L3...make sure to upgrade to the latest BIOS if you have not done so already...

Back