• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need opinions on full towers....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco..Rules!

Registered
hello all

I need some opinoins about which full tower to get.

Im going to do my last upgrade for awhile as im going to make a big purchase on something else and will be broke for a long time
so i want to get a full tower here are some of the ones i want to get, so please give we some of your comments/opinions..thanks all

1. INWIN ATX FULL TOWER CASE MODEL # IW-Q500P.300F - OEM Screwless Front Panel - for easy removal and installation, Slide in M/B Drawer Module - for easy motherboard and I/O card mounting, ideal for easy assembly and maintenance
Specifications:
Material:SECC Japanese Steel 1.0 mm thick
Form Factor:ATX
Bays: 5x 5.25" 1x 3.5" and 5x 3.5"(Internal)
Expansion Slots: 7
Fans: 1 8cm fan included (additional spot for 8cm Fan as well)
Power Supply:300 Watts AMD Approved and P4 Ready
Dimensions: (H*W*D) 23 5/8" * 7 7/8" * 17 1/16" Model#: IW-Q500P.300F (P4) -OEM FedEx Saver Shipping $22.00
- Product Link -See It! (image count 1 ) -Price Alert (N82E16811108145) Return to Service
(avg rating out of 11 voters)
(9) Read the Wish Lists About the Item(3) $66.00 + 22 shipping

2. AOPEN Model# H700A w/350W POWER SUPPLY -w/USB Beige RETAIL
Specifications:
Material: Metal
Form Factor:ATX/microATX/Full AT
Bays:5.25"x6/0, 3.5"x2/5 (external/internal)
Expansion Slots:7
Fans:0 included
Power Supply:350W
Dimensions:18.7"(D)x7.87"(W)x24.61"(H) Model#: H700A FedEx Saver Shipping $15.00
- Product Link -See It! (image count 7 ) -Price Alert (N82E16811130110) Return to Service
$87.00 + $15.00 shipping

3. Antec Full Tower case Model KS-188 OEM with No Power Supply
Features a slide out motherboard tray.
Specifications:
Material:1.0mm SECC Steel
Form Factor: ATX, Micro-ATX & AT
Bays: 5x 5.25", 1x 3.5" and 6 3.5" (hidden)
Expansion Slots:7
Fans:0
Power Supply: No Power Supply , ATX 2.03 compliant
Dimensions:24.4" (H) x 7.8" (W) x 16.6" (D) Model#: KS-188 -OEM FedEx Saver Shipping $18.00
- Product Link -See It! (image count 5 ) -Price Alert (N82E16811129133) Return to Service

Read the Wish Lists About the Item(1)
$34.99

all from newegg heres a link to the full tower case section,
any input you can add will be greatly appreciated

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

i just got one of those inwin cases for a friend, really nice well built case for the price, i was very impressed. I've also been eyeing that aopen case for a while. I'd take that over the inwin case, i like it's apearance better, and the reviewers seemed to be a little more impressed with it than the inwin. last, that antec case you mentioned, that's the case i've decided on, mostly because of price, and because newegg sells it with no psu, i have a sparkle 400w to go in it, and i got a half dozen 350 watters layin around, i'd prefer not to add to the stack.
2 features i'm looking for in a full tower,

1) slide out mobo tray. << this is awesome, and all three cases you mentioned have this feature.

2) 3.5 inch drive bay above psu << i want to free up the space below the 5.25 drive bays in the front for my rather large heater core, i run raid, so i need space in the top of the case for several hdd's. also awesome. the antec and the aopen case have this, the inwin does not.

just to add, i've also chosen the antec case because the floppy resides above the 5.25 bays, if the floppy drive mounts in the lower front hdd cage as in the aopen case, you'll have to do some modding before you can get rid of that cage, (if you wanted to) the floppy would have to be moved to one of the 5.25 bays with an adapter kit, i no like that.

all three cases you mentioned are well built cases that should give you plenty of room, and work well for anything you have in mind. good luck with it!

cheers, :D
J.

Get teh aopen case, but have you thought about the cheiftec dragon series of cases?

Hmm this is very interesting. I've been looknig around at ful tower cases myself, Directron has a great full tower dragon for about $70 and you can get all kinds of options for it. I will save this stuff for when I buiuld my workstation when i manage to save up about 5k. so thanks for posting these listings. I'm really posting here so a link shows up in my email this evening for me to save at home :)

The dragon is great, I have a full tower dragon and I like it. Plenty of fans and a lot of space. Great for modding.

The dragons are good cases yes But, if you're going to mod the crap out of it anyway and you want something a bit different from everyone else, buying any one of the three cases you mentioned would be a good fun for a good price. They are all very well manufactured cases and worth more than their price would suggest. you might also look at the lite-on fs020. another very well made decent priced full tower with plentyyy of room.

J.

Back