• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

.rm files- how to play without realplayer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
there used to be a plugin for winamp that played the .rm files :) it was sweet that was a year or so ago.

There is a program out there called Real Alternative that does exactly what you want, and even includes the MP Classic to play the files on.
I've googled like crazy but can't seem to find a download link for it. Maybe one of you will have better luck.

Do a search on download.com for JetAudio, it plays pretty much any codec out there, except for quicktime stuffs. If I weren't at work I would give it a try. But you might wanna go ahead and try it out and see if it is any good.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
For those interested, this is where I saw the info on Real Alternative. Looking at it more closely, it seems to be at the release candidate stage, which would explain its lack of availability.
I have the QuickTime Alternative 1.00, and it works great. QT is major bloatware and almost as invasive as RP, so this program is a real blessing. Go down to the download mirrors if you're interested.

Back