• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I tell if my cpu is good for OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

Ok...sorry it took so long to get back with you guys. I was waiting to get my new hsf and fan controler to dig in and check the numbers. Here is what I got off the blk label (axda2100dut3c) on top. And on the bottom it reads (AUIHB0304XPGW). There is another number on the right side top reading (9429047270047). Does this mean anything good??? And also is there anything that I can do OC with out using BIOS cuz I have nothing in my BIOS. Ive been reading almost daily here and I have learned a lot and I looked in my BIOS but nothings there to help OC. I am using this program called Warpspeeder that is OCing a little but I WANT MORE!!!!:mad: I am looking at upgrading my mobo with a Abit NF7-M as soon as I have the funds which Im hoping is very soon. I know I need to get better memory too. I thought I had DDR but I dont...I have 512 stick pc133.:( Does anyone have a stick of DDR333mhz layin around, let me now if you do or if you know someone.
Thanks for your help,
AL

P.S. my new hsf is bad ***...its a Coolmaster HAC-V81!!!! It droped my temps 5 to 8 degrees C. Thats 9 to 14.5 F. And thats only at 3100rpm's:D Its sounds like a freakin jet a max rpm too:D My girl hates it...but I LIKE IT!!!!:mad:

What kinda mobo do you have? That could help us in telling you how good you could overclock. Really today, it is comming to how good your motherboard is... The 1700+ that I have right now was in a junk shuttle motherboard and i could get it no further than 1800mhz @ 133mhz fsb.. now that I just got my 8rda in today I have it @ 2122mhz @ 192mhz fsb.

Memory is super cheap, I bought 512 XMS3200 from googlegear for 104 bucks, you can beat that!

Also that chip should be a great overclocker!

Good luck man

Adam:D

It sounds to me like your memory and your board are holding you back. You will probably want to invest in an nForce2 motherboard if you are looking to upgrade. The NF7-S Revision 2 goes for $120 at www.excaliberpc.com, and I got my HyperX pc3500 from them for $71 a stick of 256MB. I dont think they still have that deal, but I am sure you can get some pc3200 or pc3500 for $80 a 256MB stick, maybe less if you shop around. Good luck.

Also that is a good chip for overclocking, and I would expect in the 2.2 range from it, if you have the components to support it. I hope everything goes well.

Yeah I want a MF7-M with video cu Im not a big game player. Every once and a while I play Counter Strike but thats about all. And I know that I need better ram too but here is what I got. Biostar M7VIG-PRO with no BIOS support for cpu, memory, or multipier changes. Right this moment Im using Warpspeeder to OC 1847. NOT very impresive I now, but I want more. So is the cpu that i listed above a god on for OCing or should I look into upgrading that as I do my mobo and memory? Also I only have a 300 watt ps. Is that enough or do I need a larger one?

Back