• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kazaa takes up all cpu power and lots of RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caffinehog

Übercaffinated Member
Kazaa is taking up massive amounts of memory, as in over 70mb, and takes 100% of my processing power. Anyone else have this problem? Is it too many things in "my kazaa"? Does it have anything to do with my RAID setup? I'd love to use it to manage my multimedia files, but it's too dang slow.

Yep happens to me too but not more than 10% cpu usuage!. Really kills my SETI times though. Also for some reason it progressively raises my explorer.exe memory usuage in the task manager. The explorer.exe memory usuage goes to around 80K+ at which time i end up getting a run.dll error and it shuts down some apps. Anyways i no longer leave Kazaalite on 24/7.

ive found on a few occasions that edonkey has started to use 100% of the CPU but when i close it and open it again its fine. It very annoying though as it interupts my folding. I havent had the problem with Kazaa or K++ though.

Install and run spybot remover or ad aware. You'll find that these programs are full of tracking cookies and spyware. Keeping them cleaned off you hd should help speed things up.

Splinter said:
Install and run spybot remover or ad aware. You'll find that these programs are full of tracking cookies and spyware. Keeping them cleaned off you hd should help speed things up.

kazaa wont run if ytou do an entire purge of spyware. get k-lite :)

CheeseMan said:
so if u install spybot and do a system search for ad ware kazaa lite wont work anymore?

I don't think K-lite has any spyware does it? Isn't K-lite a totally different program, or are they related?

ToledoSteel said:

I don't think K-lite has any spyware does it? Isn't K-lite a totally different program, or are they related?

Kazaa lite is kazaa just with the spyware removed and a few other little changes. Then theres K++ witch is the same basic program as kazaa but modified with a few tweaks and changes AFAIK

Kazza lite, dont know about K++, have fake spywae, because kazza wont work without it. unfortunately, adaware and spy bot dont know its fake, so they remove it, lol

you can remove the spyware from Kazaa (or at least most of it) without it affecting workability, I've done it w/ Spybot s&d. Kazaa lite is much better with cpu and memory management though, uses much less resources.

Back