• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC in CoolerMaster Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ohalexis

Registered
Does anyone have some pics of WC in Coolermaster case?I'm very interested to see how do you fit all those stuff in it. I have a ATC-220VX1-B,and about to WC in few days,so any idea will be appreciated.

BTW, what rad is that in this picture?
side.jpg

Giblet Plus! said:
It is possible to fit a heatercore in the front with a little modding. :)

Really!!!:eek:
How to do that? I'm getting a D-tek procore which basicly has a similar size with a heatcore. The dimensions are 152.4 x 177.8 x 50.8mm ( 6" x 7" X 2"),I thought it was nearly impossible to fit the procore in the front of my case. I used a ruler to measure the space under that belowhole, and it turned out to be the same size of the procore,so will I be able to mount my procore there?

oops,I did a wrong measurement,there's not enough space under the blowhole for the procore,guess I cannot install the procore anywhere in my case.

I've done it, so it's possible. :) See my signature for complete system specs.

You'll need to saw away the lower 4 internal 3.5" drive bays. You'll want to leave a small part (2cm) to be able to bolt the 3.5" frame to the bottom plate again. You will have had to remove the bottom plate in order to saw properly. The piece you leave of the 3.5" bays also supports the front grille.

The DTEK core fits perfectly in that space. I've set mine up with a shroud and fan behind it. The front grille measures 160x70mm, which isn't excessively large, but sufficient if you leave the airway as open as possible. If you want to increase airflow, you could use the lower 3.5" external bay as an additional opening, or even the front USB door. That's just a small opening though, not likely of much help.

I would rather buy a new case, because mine doesn't even have a front intake,so if I did a mod like you,I still won't have enough cool air for the rad.Anyway,thank. I'm now leaning to the Lian-li PC-75. ;)

ohalexis said:
I would rather buy a new case, because mine doesn't even have a front intake,so if I did a mod like you,I still won't have enough cool air for the rad.Anyway,thank. I'm now leaning to the Lian-li PC-75. ;)

Ah hehe you have one of those with the nasty plastic cover on the front... :D

:p im gonna buy a black ice extreme for my setup.. gonna move the HD cage to the 5½ bay area and fit the rad facing the side pannel of my case.. im then gonna cut a hole in the side pannel to fit the rad with dual 120mm 67cfm fans. The pump im gonna fit beside the radiator (if it fits) otherwise it will be below the soundcard. Ill have a 80mm papst in the front and a 80mm papst in the back.

what case are you using?
I'm thinking about buying a BIX2,which is twice larger than a regular BIX. It should fit in my case on the top without problem. By doing this I'm not losing any performance.
Or I might just buy a D-Tek procore and put it on the backside of my case using this adapter.

fulladapter.jpg

:)

bah, aesthetically, i hate it when people but massive rads on the outside of thier cases...
i have seen it done well with thinner rads, but a thick rad like that especially with that adapter just looks ugly, IMO

I don't like it either,but I'll have to mount it like that because there's not enough room in my case for the procore.

Some Codegen Pos :p since this is my first WC project i decided not to mod an expensive case.

But later once i get the money ill buy a Lian Li or coolmaster.

Back