• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips for a WC begginer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaxiKana

Hey everyone!

Ive been interested in comps now for a pretty long time.. 6 years right now. And ive ownd 4 systems and ive now decided to WC the system that is in my bedroom because i do not like the noise at all. So basically im looking for a begginers guide... like what im gonna need, where to get it etc.

Ive read some of the guides in the watercooling section but there are just so darn many..

Ive thought that im gonna build everything inside my case so that it dosent take any room outside. Im also gonna replace my 80mm fan with a 120mm one.

Now i know i need a radiator, water supply, tubing, water block (doh :p). Anything else? also im wondering where to get the radiator from and the pump.
Also is there anyway possible to make the water fluoresant(sp) when i have a UV light on inside my case?

When i finnish ill post some pics of my rig here.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Thanks.. ive read a few threads now, but the guides dont make any sence :p or they arent relevant to what im gonna do.

Ive planned to make it all fit into my case, i think im gonna go for a t fitting so as to remove the reservoir. I need a good small rad and a T fitting... anyone know any european sites that sends stuff to scandinavia withing a week?

K so this is what ive planned so far... any tips greately accepted. And sorry for the crudness of teh pic. http://koti.mbnet.fi/maxikana/watercooling.JPG

Im gonna use a T-fitting cause i want to save space inside my case. Also ill have a 120mm fan as an inblow at the front and a 92 + the psu at the back as exhaust. The radiator i dunno wich one ill choose, the 1986 Chevey Chevette Heater core seems like a good one. As far as the water block goes i think ill get a whitewater.. if i can afford it.

As i said any tips greatly accepted

Going from the cpu to the radiator. Is that bad? :p its easy enough to change, since i havent even orderd anything yet.

The radiator cools the water, and the reservoir holds excess water. What is the best order to put the components? Pump, water block, radiator, then reservoir, or reservoir then radiator?? I am personally setting up a water cooling system in a couple weeks. :)

Ok so if i use a black ice 2 pro radiator with dual 120mm fans (both 67cfm) will i need a water res or will a t fitting do? And is the White Water a good water block and where can i purchous one? and for my last question what water additive makes the water blue?

Last edited:
white water and black ice would probably make a very good combunation

arguably the best block with a very powerful dual rad

but one thing the experts may advise you on better is the combination. I believe that there is quite a pressure drop with the BI2 and teh whitewater (as any system) will be maximised with higher flow. Having said that, its not imperative... you are talking about getting optimum performance ... the whitewater will outperform almost everything else EVEN AT VERY LOW FLOWRATES including the innovatek which is a block thats been optimised for low flow

Ill be using an Einheim 1260 i doubt ill have any flow rate problems :p

Just one more question... well 2 actually. Where can i buy the WW in europe? and can i eliminate the use of a res by using a T fitting?

Back