• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2100 and A7n8X wont post when 140

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s0n-

I have a tbred-b amd 2100 and the a7n8x and when i try and change my fsb to 140 from 133, im getting no posting of the bios, I read about people getting significant jumps with the same hardware, you think it would be my memory. I have a radeon 8500dv aiw. The multiplyer is set to 14, and vcore is at 1,6. What should I do?

A couple things could be the problem. First off, what kind of cooling are you using? What kind of ram?

Ya its defintly a tbred-b
AXDA2100DUT3C
AIUHB0304MPMW

Hmm I will defintly try and knock it down to 12.5 and then put it up

I am using a koolance water block and my ram im not too sure although it says samsung on the ram chips.

On a 2100+ the stock multi should be 13. Also, raise your vcore. You're still at stock voltage so you should have plenty of room to grow once you bump that up some. Try setting it to maybe 1.75 or so and see what that will get you. Just make sure your temps stay under control.

forget high FSB ...samsung memory stink... i try high fsb with samsung and xp 1700 jiuhb 309 UPMW and on fsb>153 wont post...

I've heard of people with samsung getting pretty high fsb's. Sounds like you might have gotten a bad stick. I haven't ever used samsung though so I can't offer an opinion first hand.

The a7n8x doesn't have dividers. Also, make sure your agp is set to 66mhz. It should stay there automatically but mine never would and 143 was the max fsb i could boot with. Set the mem timings to optimal and it should relax the timings enough.

Not too sure about the memory, all i know is the pads say samsung but not too sure if its official sasung brand. I beleive its pc2100, ill check out some of the thingsyou guys mentioned and see what i get.

If it is pc2100 you may want to look into upgrading. I think the rated speed for pc2100 is 133Mhz, so you may not be able to take it all that much higher than that unless you relax the timings a lot.

Back