• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrpops2ko

Registered
hello Im new to this forum and I want to know what software I have like processor speed, voltage and all the other stuff what software shud I use to get all this info any help will be apricited Thanks

ok thanks for all this cus I want 2 over clock it and I need this info

opps I forgot to say do you know where I can get a program that will tell me my bios password Im using an american Megatrends one cus when I bought my comp Crams put a BLOCK on my BIOS and they cant remeber what the password was

Hey can anbody help me with overclocking my comp I have got this info about it

Number of CPUs 1

Cpu Name AMD Athlon XP (Barton)
Specification AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+
Family / Model / Stepping 6 A 0
Extended Family / Model 7 A
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13µ
Supported Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Cpu Clock 1837.5 MHz
Clock multiplier x 11.0
Front Side Bus Frequency 167.0 MHz
Bus Speed 334.1 MHz
L1 Data Cache 64 Kbytes, 2-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 Kbytes, 2-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 Kbytes, 16-way set associative, 64 bytes line size
L2 Speed 1837.5 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits

Motherboard manufacturer MSI
Motherboard model MS-6712, 1.0
BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS revision Version 07.00T
BIOS release date 04/02/01
Chipset VIA KT400 (VT8377) rev. 0
Southbridge VIA VT8235 rev. 0
Sensor chip Winbond W83697HF

RAM Type DDR-SDRAM
RAM Size 512 Mb
RAM Frequency 334.1 MHz
RAM Interleave 4-way
CAS# Latency 2.5 clocks
RAS# to CAS# 3 clocks
RAS# Precharge 3 clocks
Cycle Time (TRAS) 7 clocks
# of memory modules 1
Module 0 DDR-SDRAM PC2100 - 512 Mb

AGP Status enabled, rev. 2.0
AGP Data Transfert Rate 4x
AGP Side Band Addressing supported, enabled
AGP Aperture Size 128 Mb

Windows version Microsoft Windows XP (Build 2600)

What board are you useing I would say if it supports 333fsb chip it should have overclocking features in the bio's.

Turn it off take the battery out the board unplug the power cable wait 2 min's put battery back in and put her back up and see if you can get into bios's by pressing delete when starting the system.

Well it sure looks like you have a great setup. I am sure that being a Kt400 you should have complete multiplier freedom, you can start by upping the fsb to say 170-175 and backing the mulitplier down say 1/2-1 setting, this will increase your overall bandwidth and speed everything up alot, If your Barton is new you might try burining it in for a few days to a week, this may help your overall results in the end, do a forum search on burn in, also make sure your cooling is up to the choir of dissipating added heat from overclocking.

yeah it does have over clocking features in the BIOS ow and what do U mean by burn it please explain

Back