• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7N8X Deluxe bios updating problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solari

Registered
Hi guys, this is my first post on this forum, so plz be gentle. :)

The other day I downloaded the Asus Winflash v2.07 utility to be able to flash my bios from Windows. When I installed it everything went well, but when i tried to start it, it gives the following error:

error.gif

It left me speechless, since I hadn't heard of such a driver before. Anyone of you have any idea what that driver does, and where I could find it? My problem is that I don't have a floppy drive, so the only choice for me is to flash the BIOS from Windows. I tried Abit's Windows flash utility on my Abit IT7-MAX2 board a few weeks ago, and it went well... ;)

Just use the built in flash utility. Flashing in windows is risky and unreliable if you ask me. Just put the bios bin on a floppy and hit ALT F2 during post. When the flash utility opens simply type the name of the bios on the floppy and hit enter. In a minute or so you'll be done.

I've used the windows flash utility at least 30 times and never had a problem. I use it for both my A7V333 and my A7N8X. I had some HDD corruption the other day I believe due to the 1005.001 beta BIOS, and I couldn't even get it to flash with the dos flash utility. It would just hang after backing up the BIOS. I had to actually get XP loaded then flash from windows back to the 1004 BIOS for things to work. :)

Back