• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Fried] A7n8x , is it dead

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wickedinterface

Registered
Ok, I think I fired my mobo. Need a tad bit of advice. I took the cpu fan off and replaced it with a water cooling system. Then I went to start it up. I get no beeps just turns on and nothing. I take the ram and cpu out and get no beeps. I take the video card out and get no beeps. I reset the cmos and take the battery out and still nothing.

What I want to know is how long does it take to RMA the board. Do they do a Cross shipping or what is they method to get this bad boy replaced.

You may have to put a fan on the cpu fan header to get it to boot, then you can go into bios and set to halt on no errors.

Jim

Last edited:
That is not a watercooling setup, that is a cheap rip off.. Bad money spent IMO... Make sure your PWR switch is connected right. Does the MB show any signs of life, LED etc.?

Yes there is the green light that comes on. i think its a dead bios like the rest of the people are having. I get the same sympthoms as the rest of the A7n8x Dlx people get. Taking the cheap water cooling system back too. it only took the cpu temp down to 32 when i was running 35-38 on load with air.

Did ya plug a fan into the HS/fan header as the other guy said. It may be set in bios to not boot without a fan attached.
Try That...

Good news people it wasnt the mobo, it was me not testing the CPU in another system. It was the Chip. but i thought when you take the CPU and Ram out it beeps. Well it didnt do this when i pulled both of them out. i thru a 2000+ in it and it fired right up said what would you like me to do master. I was so happy and had tears in my eyes to see my lil child talking to me again. So i took the amd bad boy back to the retailer and got a new one. ( Thank god for extended warrantys.) So from now on i will test all parts in different systems before i accuse the love child of mine. :p

Back